Whether you’re short or long sighted, have astigmatism or require varifocals we have contact lenses available to correct your vision. All our lenses are supplied by leading manufacturers and we offer many different materials and wearing schedules to suit your needs.
With such a wide range of options available, many of our customers use both contacts and glasses. Your optometrist will discuss the best options with you at your consultation.
This material is more oxygen permeable than older contact lens materials, making it healthier for the eyes. Available as monthly, two-weekly and daily disposables.
Daily disposable contact lenses
Worn once, then thrown away, these lenses give you a fresh lens each time. It’s the simple, trouble-free and healthy way of correcting your vision. They can be worn full time, or just on an occasional wear basis and we recommend them for holidays, sports and social events.These are ideal for children starting out with contact lenses.
Multifocal contact lenses
These are available in daily and monthly forms. These allow patients to focus on distance and near tasks. These are fairly new to the market and offer a great alternative to multifocal spectacles.
Rigid gas permeable contact lenses
‘RGP’s provide an excellent level of vision and comfort. We offer an extensive range of powers, designs and materials allowing us to select the perfect lens for your eyes.
Myopia management contact lenses
These are specially designed to minimise short sightedness in children as they move into adulthood. As soon as children become short sighted soft daily disposable lenses should be considered.tho-K contact lenses
Ortho-K contact lenses or Specialist lens designs
For certain eye conditions (e.g. keratoconus) more specialist designs are required.
Extended wear contact lenses
These lenses are specially designed to be worn continuously, even when sleeping. We find them convenient for people who need a flexible wearing schedule.
Gache Gold member Scheme
We offer a Gold members scheme – this where you buy your contact lenses every six month at a reduced price and this will also include all your care. Such as annual sight test and six monthly contact lens checks. Also includes any emergency visits plus you get great discounts on spectacles, sunglasses, solutions etc…
We will compete with any prices that you currently pay and you can collect here from the practice on Main Street.
Ask in store regarding the GOLD MEMBER Scheme !
Contact lenses are improving every day. They can be used to correct vision, to improve cosmetic appearance and as a therapeutic – this can be due to an accident on the eye or due to the eye being a strange shape. The materials are getting better and some patients are now able to wear for longer. This should always be discussed with your optometrist.
Regular contact lenses should be attended – every six months as recommended by the GOC. Sight tests should be very two years unless over the age of 70 it is then recommended every two years.
Contact lenses are perfectly safe if used correctly and follow guidelines outlined by your optometrist. By attending your six monthly contact lens check-ups you will be checked that you are wearing the correct prescription – as even the smallest change can make a big difference. Sometimes people are not even aware of change until they are shown what they should be seeing. Also at these regular check-ups you will be advised about any new products on the market and trials can be given – if you are a gold member there will be no extra charges on this … it is all included in the Gold scheme.
There are things that your optometrist can see with their microscope that you are not aware of, such as abnormal blood vessel growth due to over wear. This develops without warning and your eyes feel fine. Since lack of oxygen is the cause this can be resolved by wearing a better lens material or reducing your wearing time.
Almost any prescription can be corrected now with contact lenses – even complicated astigmatisms!!!! New lens technology is delivering more precise technology than ever before.
- If you are a daily contact lens wearer change them EVERY DAY. Some people think they are saving money by perhaps keeping a daily contact lens for two days. Daily contact lenses are for DAILY use ONLY and should be replaced on a DAILY basis. (see case study)
- Solution in monthly contact lenses should be changed EVERY day even if you are not wearing lenses.
- Saline is NOT a cleaner. This does not clean the lens – the appropriate contact lens cleaners should be used. Your Optometrist will advise you which one is suitable for your contact lens.
- Always handle contact lenses with clean hands.
- Do not let water near your contact lenses. Tap water or bottled water has microorganisms in it that can cause infection and sight damage.
- Change your contact lens case reguarly. Every time you purcahse a new solution a new case should be with the solution.
- If you develop an eye infection (redness, burning, excessive tearing) then remove your contact lens and contact your optometrist. Wearing the contaminated contact lens will cause the infection to remain and cause more damage.
- Never sleep with your contact lenses. There are certain types of contact lenses that can be slept in but you have to see your optometrist regarding these contact lenses are suitable for you. Sleeping in contact lenses can cause chonic problems in the eyes that you will not be made aware of untill it is too late.
- You only have one pair of eyes – please take care of them!!!!
After doing this a few times and finding that she had no problems she continued to do this. Then one night she awoke with a terrible pain in the eye. It became so unbearable that she had to attend a hospital in Boston. She was very lucky that there was a good eye department at this hospital as she had an acantheomeba infection and could of lost her eye.
What she did wrong was firstly trying to wear a daily lens more than ONE day. Also she was storing the contact lens in saline and not a cleaning solution.
She now has a permanent scar on her eye and reduced visual acuity for the rest of her life. She now regrets not listening to what she was told.
SECOND PAIR FREE
Buy one complete pair get a second pair from our selected range completely free
Six month supply
4 boxes of 90 Silicone hydrogel daily lenses! You cannot beat us on price in Gibraltar!
Six month supply
4 boxes of 90 lenses
Prices you cannot beat
Six month supply
Includes two large and one travel size bottles!